You are an individual
Thank you so much for your interest in our Garuda apparatus studio.
At NorthWest Pilates and Pilates Manchester, we understand that everyone is unique and has their own specific goals and needs. We pride ourselves on taking a holistic and personal approach to help our clients achieve exceptional results.
You can call us on 0800 246 1251 or reply to this message letting us know a suitable date, time and number, and we’ll get back to you.
Why choose us?
- We are the only fully operating studio offering reformer, Fuse ladder, Garuda sling, GYROTONIC, stability chair and ladder barrel.
- We are specialists in rehabilitation, spine and sports performance.
- We work alongside many physical therapists, consultants and GPs to provide additional support. Our tailored sessions complement current or post-treatment with physiotherapists, chiropractors and osteopaths.
- Our sessions are 60 minutes (most studios operate 45-minute sessions).
- Sessions are semi-private, i.e., a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 4 people per session.
- Our principal teacher and owner, Nisha Srivastava, has over 30 years of teaching experience, opening the first reformer studio in the North West. Click the link to see Nisha’s credentials:
- Our studios are a calm and centred space with a natural feel. We believe in using organic products and making your stay as comfortable as possible.
- We treat our clients holistically; mind, body and soul. Therefore, along with physical support you would naturally expect, we also teach emotional, mental and spiritual health.
- We will never expect clients to push themselves beyond their limits. Instead, we help our clients to tune into their bodies and minds, only moving as much as is comfortable and necessary.
We look forward to speaking to you soon!
Thanks again for your interest in NorthWest Pilates and Pilates Manchester .
Nisha is a certified Chek practitioner and holistic lifestyle coach.Her journey started when a visiting Laban teacher introduced her to Pilates at Dance College during her first year. It's effects were forgotten but she then re discovered Pilates through Michael King eleven years later whilst running her dance school. Her background spans over 25 years with formal training in classical ballet, modern dance, tap, national choreography, stage production and theatre. Her formation includes Pilates, Thai bodywork, Yoga, GYROTONIC, GYROKINESIS, Garuda and anatomical studies. Her particular interest is fascia, and the connective lines and movement patterns that allow a full moving structure rather than the isolation of bones and muscles. Her fascination with questioning the traditions of modern medicine and fascination with searching for meaningful answers has taken her in many different directions and has offered her an abundance of opportunities gaining a wealth of knowledge. “I tried many movement modalities and extended my search after experiencing fascia, because of its simplicity in movement. Quickly, I noticed my own body changing as well as the bodies of my own clients. In the last 25 years of teaching I’ve developed a workout unique to Yoga Anatomy". Throughout her studies Nisha has done numerous dissections with Julian Baker and Cery Davies and has the opportunity to take lectures and courses from James de Silva, Robert Schleip, Joanne Avisons, Tom Myers, Matt Wallden, Emma Lane, Gary Carter, Paul Chek, Dan Hellman, Peter Blackaby plus many many more Nisha's teaching method promotes reflective self-discovery and provides the requirements to integrate a shift in consciousness for attaining individual goals. She maintains that an attitude of compassion, consistency and joyous humor are excellent components to growth and expanded potential. She welcomes all level of movers from the beginner to the seasoned athlete who have a desire to increase their skill potential, also teachers and students. Her specialties include assisting post rehabilitative individuals, injury prevention for dancers and athletes and advanced movement programs.