“So interesting to experiment with new moves, ideas and partners etc. I feel very open to learn more and how to adapt what I already know/do/teach in a more knowledgeable way of working and sharing.”
“I am more aware of what I’m feeling for and why it feels better. More aware of my chin sticking out and also where breathing space needs to be made in the body. Very interesting information – thoroughly enjoyed all of it and looking forward to going through my notes again until the next time.”
Flattening your abs and teaching core exercises in a class requires much more than simply exercising. If you suffer from IBS, Cohn’s or have fungus and parasites, this will inhibit the bodies ability to fire the core which will then be overtaken by more excited muscle groups and areas of the body. If you also do not have optimal posture and function, the body cannot take action.
“I now know my chest breathing comes through anxieties and I wonder whether fight or flight and a lack of stomach breathing have played havoc on my digestive system. I have experienced a whole body feeling with using breath to open up the experience of the body as a whole. I’ve learnt a more expressive, less regimented way to work on areas/postures that aren’t the posture itself. For example, ‘chasing the tail’ exercise for helping the lateral flexion in a posture such as trikonasana.”
“I feel energetic and enthusiastic about how to teach and partner teach breathing in my classes. I feel so happy to have made the effort to better my skills. I am encouraged that my questioning of my knowledge of healthy eating is right, as my gut is not right. “
Enable participants to develop and enhance their personal and teaching skills, both in practice and theory. Benefit and protect the public by encouraging informed and up-to-date teachers and practitioners. Raise the standards of teaching throughout the UK and worldwide. I will also lead you through a sixty minute Yoga, Pilates and functional training flow class. This workshop will take your through an ingenious flow and that will educate, invigorate and maintain mind/body connection.
By the end of the lesson students should/will be able to:
- Learn new moves and exercises that you can put into your classes or even practice yourself.
- Understand how one size does not fit all, e.g. racial/ethnic background, stress levels, metabolic typing
- Discover the difference between inflammatory and anti-inflammatory foods.
- Raise awareness of what the gynaecologist does not tell you
- Look at traditional, plus more modern methods of achieving core stability and performance
- Develop and enhance partner skills using the core and bandha connection
- Perform flexion, extension, lateral flexion and rotation of the spine safely in accordance with the student’s range of motion and mobility
- Pass the body through all three planes of motion including sagittal, frontal and transverse plane.
- Demonstrate Sukha and Stira on modified asana and movements from floor to standing.
This workshop is open to Yoga/Pilates teachers, Movement/Manual therapists, Physios, Chiropractors, Osteopaths and weekend warriors.
“Brilliant course, Thanks”, “Very eye-opening and will definitely be booking for another course”, “Fabulous, informative session on diet and holistic health, thanks”. Course participant.