Like so many other modern-day problems resulting from work, people who spend hours either in the car or sitting poorly in front of computer screens are particularly prone to thoracic stiffness and overload.
The thoracic spine provides much of the rotation and extension of the spine required for everyday movement. Whether you’re an athlete or office worker restriction in this area of the body will have a counter affect on everything else. Restrictions can show up on the thoracic spine and shoulder flexors thus causing compensation patterns in the neck, lower back and can effect breathing and gait pattern. Injuries in other parts of the body may well follow as a result.
The benefits of stretching the thoracic spine are many and varied. For starters, anything that relieves stress tension across the shoulders has to be a good thing. Greater flexibility and suppleness should improve performance on the sports field and better posture, which in turn helps self-esteem and promotes a general feeling of well being.
A daily programme can help reduce injury and pain and prolong longevity of the body.
Course Duration: 80 minutes.
The course is divided into 7 lessons:
- Wall challenge
- Simple circuit
- Matwork flow
- Broom handle flow
- Chair flow
- Yoga/Pilates mat
- Pilates block or brick
- Thera band
- Spiky ball or dog ball or tennis ball
- Soft mini ball
- Soft pillow
£19.99Add to basket
Terms and conditions: This programme is non refundable and non transferable
By purchasing this product I hereby agree to the following:
1. I am participating in classes or services during which I will receive information and instruction about movement and health. I recognize that movement requires physical exertion, which may be strenuous and may cause physical injury, and I am fully aware of the risks and hazards involved.
2. I understand that it is my responsibility to consult with a physician prior to and regarding my participation in any physical fitness program. I represent and warrant that I have no medical condition that would prevent my participation in physical fitness activities.
3. In consideration of being permitted to participate in the movement programme, I agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries or damages, known and unknown, which I might incur as a result of participating in the program.
4. In further consideration of being permitted to participate in the movement classes, I knowingly, voluntarily, and expressly waive any claim I may have against the instructor, the owner, or the leaseholder of the building for injuries or damages that I may sustain as a result of participating in classes or workshops held at Common Ground.
5. That if I participate in other classes or events or movement that I will also assume full responsibility for any injuries that may result from my participation, with the same considerations that this waiver stipulates for movement (items 1-4 above).