Online Pre/ Post-Natal Pilates teachers course
All teachers attending this course must hold a level 3 pilates matwork qualification or equivalent. This training is specifically designed to give you the skills to teach a foundational class in mat or apparatus to mothers and their babies pre and post from 6 weeks after birth and are open to qualified yoga teachers and dedicated pregnancy and post-natal practitioners too. We incorporate the full system of fascia and working with the embodiment of spaces and vacuums. As always niche’s course is slightly different with an ‘out of the box’ approach to anatomy.
You will learn how to support expectant and new mothers in re-connecting with their own health and well-being as well as guiding them in ways to be with their babies ‘in Pilates’. Expect a lot of fun and creativity as well as a thorough experiential and theoretical grounding in Pilates.
Lectures on the physiological, biomechanical and postural changes that occur during the childbearing year will be related to the Pilates repertoire. You will be presented with specific obstetric conditions and the relevant management relating to IVF. Nisha will present material on pelvic floor that she has experienced through cadaver work. Guidelines will be presented to exercise in pregnancy including Post and Postnatal. We will also look at class plans going through the three trimesters and how to work building repertoire post-baby. Appropriate exercise including the use of the resistance band and ball, small props will be taught including apparatus.
Part 1: Theory
- Physiological changes and physical problems during pregnancy
- Benefits and risks of exercise during pregnancy
- Safe exercising during pregnancy
- When exercise is not advisable
- Working with a prenatal client
- Nutrition during pregnancy
- Post-natal changes
- Benefits and risks of post-natal exercise
Part 2: Pre- and Post-natal exercise assessment
- General and specific exercise guidelines
- Core training during pregnancy
- Advising when it is appropriate to exercise
- Guidelines and exercise recommendations for pre and post-natal clients
- Example exercise programmes
- To develop qualified Pilates teachers’ expertise and complement trained professionals who already support women pre and post birth
- To present a safe, conscious, healthy approach to Pilates pre/post-pregnancy, and provide practitioners with tools to teach pre/post natal yoga safely and effectively
- To inspire and support women on their journey beyond pregnancy and into motherhood
- To use embodiment of feeling and emotion with regards to the central nervous system
By the end of the training you will:
- Have a deeper understanding of the anatomy and physiology during the pre/post-natal period.
- Better understand the physical and psycho-emotional changes that can occur during the postnatal period.
- Be aware of common pre/postnatal ailments and know how to alleviate them.
- Learn skills to teach a foundational class to mothers and their babies pre and post 6 weeks after birth, including practical “classroom management” skills when dealing with large classes.
- Have a repertoire of matwork and apparatus repertoire for a group and private training.
What they said:
“I felt inspired by the way the course is delivered(addressing the whole)”. Teacher feedback
“Lots of new and different exercises”.
“Small group meant more attention to us and we were encouraged to use our own experiences. Nisha was positive and encouraged feedback”. Teacher feedback
“A plethora of exercises I can apply to a multitude of people but especially pregnant ladies and their specific issues”.